Hi everyone! I’m Melissa from Dancing For Food. Samantha asked if I could share a recipe on her blog, and I was more than happy to oblige. As I was thinking about what I wanted to share, I kept going back to this recipe for Pizza Ratatouille Stir Fry. It was one of the first recipes my husband and I created out of our heads and because of that it stands out the most to me.
It started with a bunch of leftovers from making pizza when our friends were over back at the beginning of August. We had half-empty containers of pizza sauce, roasted peppers, and sun-dried tomatoes to use up, so we put our thinking caps on and got cooking! The text-only recipe is at the end of the post.
Start by sweating garlic and onions in a large skillet or frying pan:
Add red pepper flakes for a spicy kick:
After a few more minutes, throw in some roasted red and yellow peppers as well as chopped fresh red and yellow peppers:
Last but not least, add sun-dried tomatoes, dried oregano, pizza sauce, and salt and pepper to taste:
Serve on a bed of cooked brown rice and top with shredded mozzarella cheese:
It turned out great and we’ve made it a couple more times since August. It’s a easy dish to make when you have some random ingredients to use up. It can also be easily customized. I think it would be great with zucchini or eggplant thrown in too.
I hope you try it and love it! Come on over and visit me at Dancing For Food for more recipes as well as fitness posts and everyday life posts. A huge thank you to Samantha for having me as a guest blogger!
Pizza Ratatouille Stir Fry (serves 2)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 jar roasted yellow and red peppers (Trader Joe’s)
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1-2 dashes red pepper flakes
- 3/4 jar pizza sauce
- 1/2 package sun-dried tomatoes (Trader Joe’s)
- dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 1-2 cups cooked brown rice
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- Sweat the onions and garlic in olive oil for 5-7 minutes. Add red pepper flakes and cook for a few minutes more.
- Add the roasted peppers, and chopped peppers. Stir to combine and let cook for 10 minutes on low.
- Add pizza sauce, oregano, and sun-dried tomatoes to pepper mixture and let cook for 20-30 minutes on low. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on a bed of rice and top with mozzarella cheese.